Friday, July 20, 2012

Aurora...

My heart and prayers go out to the victims of the Colorado shooting. I hope that at this time of tragedy they can find peace and strength from those that surround them, as well as those that have them in their thoughts around the world.

Before you read any further this is not going to be a common post and it is one filled with anger. It is probably more for me than for anyone else. If you don't like it or agree with it I understand. Comment if you want but remember to keep it civil. 

I had the opportunity to go and see The Dark Knight Rises today but I don't want to talk about the actual movie at this time. While I enjoyed the movie I found that it was tainted by this heinous act and caught myself looking around and thinking about the victims. Everyone is asking why someone would do this? Who is to blame? Is there going to be a copycat? Should we fear going to the movies now? I have those same questions and no answers. I have anger in my heart that I can't place anywhere but on the killer. Why in the hell can't we just stop the damn fighting? Does this fix anything? Does this happen because of how violent games and movies are? I don't know! I honestly don't believe so. I believe that people still think the way we thought thousands of years ago but in a bigger more technological way. If you look through our history and what has been taught and passed down the things that have always dominated the teachings is war. We talk about peace and teach about war! We talk about empires that are won and lost, about freedom that is gained and lost. Without these teaching we wouldn't begin to understand how great we have it. Without knowing what could have been, had someone not stood up to the tyrants of the past, we wouldn't be thankful we have a say in our leaders of today. Our world isn't perfect. We all have struggles and pains that we need to suffer through. Sometimes our struggles are hard enough to make us want to just crumble to pieces. The one thing that I have to remember is that no one can actually make me crumble but myself. If that happens then no one is to blame but me. I have seen some of the most amazing people struggle with some of the hardest things and yet they do not crumble. They may crack a little here or there but they do not crumble.  

Everyone knows this, it's not some new concept I've come up with. So why am I saying it? Well... I believe it's time we stop forcing blame onto everyone and everything else and start accepting it ourself. I am full on included in this! We live at a time when so many great things are so easily accessible that we have become complacent with allowing others to control us. Sometimes it's just easier to give the controller to someone else and let them pass the main boss for us. Not anymore! RUN YOUR LIFE, DON'T RUIN OTHERS!

I'll get back to posting about the world of Nerds later this week. I promise. It just doesn't feel right right now. If I have offended any of you from what I have said I am sorry. These are my opinions and they are not meant to offend. I would appreciate your comments if you have some, but like I said before... keep it civil! 

No comments:

Post a Comment